Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My dog started acting restless, breathing was louder than

Customer Question

my dog started acting restless, breathing was louder than usual and he just jumped out of bed and started licking the carpet non-stop I also found him salivating more than usual.
JA: I know breathing problems can be worrying. Let's get you talking to the Vet. What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: charcoal 12
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I fed him some melon tonight but its not the first time he's had them.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’ve let him out the garden in case he needed the toilet but he’s now eating grass non stop I don’t know if I should stop him or let him puke it out
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should I bring him to the emergency vet?
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 11 days ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I'm a veterinary surgeon in the UK.

Charcoal sounds like he might be feeling little ill. Has the breathing returned to normal? Is he eating and drinking normally this morning?