Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

Need Canaural ear drops for my dog, A few weeks, dark wax

Customer Question

Need Canaural ear drops for my dog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: A few weeks, dark wax and dog shaking head, had a similar situation last year
JA: In addition to the shaking, have you noticed any coughing, limping, or drooling?
Customer: No very healthy and active otherwise
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Millie and she’s 5, also have another beagle Molly 4
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No otherwise a healthy dog
Category: Dog
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK.

Legally we are not allowed to prescribe medications of any sort over the internet

I recommend you call a local vet for a physical examination.  Often the vet will take a swab from the ear and check the cytology and dispense the correct ear medication depending on the results. The vet will also be able to decide if an ear cleaner is required as ear medications won’t work if there’s lots of wax in the way. Also the vet will need to check that the ear drum is intact  ear medications have the potential to damage the nerves in the inner so this step is very important

I hope this helps