Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My pitbull has got a lump on her side i noticed it about a

Customer Question

my pitbull bitch has got a lump on her side i noticed it about a week ago it moves and feels quite soft but i am certain it is getting bigger
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Where on Bitch's body is the lump?
Customer: on her side on her rib cage
JA: How old is Bitch?
Customer: three years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: yesterday and today she seems a bit lethargic
Category: Dog
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm a vet in the UK. I'll try and help you as best I can today.

I understand that its very distressing to discover a lump on your dog. At three years of age we'd hope that the lump is benign.

I would however strongly recommend you see a vet for a physical examination next week. There are some tumours that are quite common in bull breeds and an early diagnosis is essential if treatment is to be successful. The vet may recommend an FNA where a needle biopsy is taken of the lump. Often but not always this can be done conscious. The vet may recommend an anaesthetic and a surgical biopsy if they are worried.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you well.

I'm not able to make a phone call right now I'm sorry. If you call a local vet practice they will be able to speak on the phone. Alternatively I am able to reply by the chat function on here.