Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

His mouth looks as it swollen, today he’s drilling a lot and

His mouth looks as it swollen
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this swelling? Does the dog lick the skin as well?
Customer: today he’s drilling a lot and his eye is red on the same side
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: bruno 4 years frenchie
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: no

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

Can you upload photos of these areas to our conversation? You can upload photos by texting them, or by using the paperclip or add file icons above your message box...if you can see those icons on your device. You can also use an external app such as dropbox or navigate to justanswer.com/help/using-justanswer and scroll down to "other".

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Mouth

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
His eye
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
His mouth is hanging down
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hope this helps

Thank you. Bruno's vet needs to directly visualize inside Bruno's oral cavity for a tooth root abscess with infection that has spread up and around his eye. A much better scenario, however, is that Bruno was envenomated by flying insect or spider. Have you given him any medication as of yet?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Antihistamine
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is there anything I can give him till I can take him to the vets on Monday

An antihistamine makes sense. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) can be dosed at 1-2 mg per pound of bodyweight at 8-12 hour intervals. If he were envenomated, you should see the swelling abate unaided within 36 hours.

Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.