Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

He is having a yellow/ puss on his willy, First noticed

He is having a yellow/green puss on his willy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the pus? Has the dog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: First noticed today, he has not been liking or rubbing
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: mitch 1year old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No, don’t think so
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have paid

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

A small amount of yellow-white-green smegma is normal at the preputial opening of male dogs of any age or neuter status. It's more of a nuisance than a real disease in juvenile animals except if it is of anatomic origin (a penile or preputial defect) or systemic (e.g., coagulopathy/clotting defect). Other rarer causes of the discharge include acquired or iatrogenic (caused by treatment) hormonal imbalances, transmissible venereal tumor, canine herpesvirus type I or Brucella canis infection, prostatic disease, and foreign body that has found its way into the prepuce (the sheath of the penis).

Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Michael, he is already neutered. And never had any puss. Is there anything I should do?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We noticed that his belly was a bit bloated few days ago, sorry forgot to mention this earlier
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here’s the image

This is a normal discharge in the great majority of both intact and neutered dogs. If it became excessive, Mitch's vet would suggest reflecting the prepuce back under light anesthesia so as to evaluate the entire prepucial vault. His belly bloating isn't related to this discharge.

Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
should I only keep cleaning for now?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
if doesn’t get better, or gets worse bring him to his vet?

Correct!

Correct, but only if it worsened.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Perfect
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Michael. Have a lovely Saturday

You're quite welcome.  I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.