Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog cut his pad about 5 days ago, it didn't seem to be

Customer Question

My dog cut his pad about 5 days ago, it didn't seem to be bothering him, he wasn't limping at all, but then this morning he can't put any weight on it and he seems very out of sorts
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I can send a picture if needed
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It seems to be weeping today, it wasn't yesterday
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 14 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your dog.Thanks for the clear photos.I can see from the mild redness and pus discharge that there is a bacterial infection.At home, stop any licking with a buster collar and clean with salt water.He likely needs oral antibiotics which your vet can prescribe after an examination.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions,

Take care,

Linda.