Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My eleven year old dachshund has lost all hair on his ears

My eleven year old dachshund has lost all hair on his ears and small patches on tail and back
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the Dachshund was losing his fur?
Customer: A couple of years agp
JA: Is his skin bumpy or itchy as well?
Customer: no
JA: What's the Dachshund's name?
Customer: rupert
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: he has a slight heart murmur and a bit of arthritis in his back leg but is generally in good health

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm a vet in the UK. Does Rupert have any health conditions? When was his last check up? What parasite treatment do you use and how often?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Susan, Rupert only has the two things I mentioned before A slight heart murmur and a bit of arthritis, His last check up was about 6months ago, and I worm every 3months and this time I used advocate heart and lung
Wormer. I use advocate every third time because Rupert has a very healthy apatite and will eat anything he finds, edible or not. Ellie

Lovely to speak to you.

I'm not overly concerned by anything you've told me about Rupert today.

Next time you visit the vest for his vaccines ask them to check the hair loss and joints. If Rupert starts getting slow, losing hair on the flanks and his appetite and drinking changes then perhaps ask for a test for hypothyroidism.

Take care

And of course we always love a picture of your dogs if you want to post one!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your time and advice.

You're welcome

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
As I have since had to take Rupert to a vet where I live I would like to cancel my membership with you as I can’t afford both. Thank you

I will flag this to customer support now.