Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

I just got a new puppy she's 7 months old but she seems to

Customer Question

Hi I just got a new puppy she's 7 months old but she seems to be sleeping all the time and strange breathing and odd behaviour
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How long has the puppy been lethargic? Any changes in her appetite?
Customer: So I picked her up on Saturday morning sind then she has not wanted to eat properly and seems to be sleeping all the time
JA: Could she have eaten something unusual?
Customer: Erm. I don't think so I used febreeze in the house diluted could this make her unwell I mopped with this and sprayed the fabrics
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Auddy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Auddy?
Customer: Erm this is my 1st dog so I don't know like what
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 20 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Auddy is not right and appreciate your concern.Did the previous owner mention any medical issues?
When was she last seen by a vet?
Are her gums pink and wet?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No previous and yeah there pink and wet
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Not seen a vet yet
Thank you.Do you know if she is up to date with her vaccines and parasite prevention?In what way is her breathing strange?
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 19 days ago.

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

At this age, dogs sleep quite a bit and can sleep deeply but should be very energetic and playful playful awake. If not, this is a red flag.

As her breathing is also affected, I'm concerned.

A vet visit is best, ***** ***** uncertain of her medical history.

They will examine Auddy and may run some tests such as a blood test and chest xray if concerned.

We want to rule out e.g. an infection or congenital disease.

Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and anti inflammatories.

This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.