Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

We have. 3 year old. She has been neutered and clean since a

Customer Question

We have. 3 year old bitch. She has been neutered and clean since a puppy.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: we have a 3year old bitch who has been neutered and clean from a puppy.
JA: When did the dog last see a vet? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: We have a 3 year old bitch who has been neutered and clean since a puppy puppy over the past week she has wet in her basket three nights she is fine in the day and there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Roxy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Roxy?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 20 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Roxy has this issue.What breed is she?Have you noticed an increase in thirst?
Does she pee more often during the day?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
She is a mixture of llasa and freeshon and does not appear to be drinking more
Thank you.Given her breed and signs, there are a few considerations.We would consider e.g. urinary stones, urinary crystals, sphincter incontinent or a urinary infection.The first step is a vet check and urine analysis.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and anti inflammatories.

This is unlikely to be behavioural or a training problem as she is wetting her bed,  indicating a true incontinence.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.