Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  20 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Their, I just found a lump on my dog neck, Rusty he is 10,

Customer Question

Hi their
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: I just found a white lump on my dog neck
JA: Sometimes a lump is serious, but it can be hard to know for sure. Let's see what the Expert has to say. What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rusty he is 10
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Rusty?
Customer: He’s been itching a lot and he biten his tail
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for asking your question and trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 20 years of experience.

I'm sure you are so worried about this!!

As a note, Just Answer will automatically offer you a phone call - that is not from me and is not always helpful - nor I am not always able to take a phone call - so please don't accept without checking in via text first.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

Do you have a picture you can attach using the paperclip icon? That might be most helpful.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

I’ll see if I can find it and take a picture hang on

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

I'll wait.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

hiya unfortunately I can’t seem to find the lump on my dog however I have found a identical one online the only differences is the one on my dog is white and slightly small. I also can’t attach the Attachment as it coming up with a blank screen

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

Sounds good.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

Is there another way to attach the picture has it won’t let me on here

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

I'm sorry it's not letting you. Can you describe the masses? (try attaching again with the paperclip icon)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It won’t let me is there an email I can send it to
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

I do not have a direct email I can provide. Can you please describe what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

It’s a white lump how ever it sticks out and is a bit starchy

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

It looks a bit like a tick however it’s a lot smaller

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 20 days ago.

Most of these are dermal masses that are adenomas or a hair follicle tumor. They are common in many dogs as they age. The groomer may catch them and cause them to bleed and scab from time to time. We worry about a mass if it is irritating or painful or rapidly changing in size or shape. If so, then it needs to be checked out.