Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

Our Siberian husky is crying of pain and seems to be very

Customer Question

Our Siberian husky is crying of pain and seems to be very bloated
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Where does the Siberian Husky seem to hurt? How long has this been going on?
Customer: Is there a way we can talk over the phone?
JA: When did the Siberian Husky last see a vet? Are they taking any medications?
Customer: He had an operation on his bum a few weeks ago but is not on medication. A week ago he tried to vomit but couldn't get anything out. Since then he is a bit weak but was getting better every day until tonight. He is constantly vomiting slime. He let wind a couple of times but it doesn't seem to relieve him
JA: And what's the Siberian Husky's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is about 12 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Yogi?
Customer: Like what?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Teodora B replied 20 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 20 days ago.

The simptoms you are describing are consistant with a medical emergency called Gastric Dilatation Volvulus (GDV)

Expert:  Teodora B replied 20 days ago.

Please call your local vet a call and ask them if they could see Yogi today to make sure we are not dealing with a stomach blockage.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 20 days ago.

He would have to have a hands-on examination in the following 4-12 hours (or earlier, as an emergency, if deteriorating) if you feel he is in pain