Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

My dog is 16 years old lost a lot of weight has trouble

Customer Question

Hi my dog is 16 years old lost a lot of weight has trouble breathing being sick now won't eat and very life Les
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the dog's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: He got no energy at all he not really eat for a few weeks now try giving him little bits but when he eats he chocking but the last two days he not eat anything
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: Yes think so but has gone down a lot in the last few weeks lost a very lot of weight
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jack 16
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Jack?
Customer: He was a very lively dog now does not even dark just looks very tired and sad
Category: Dog
Expert:  Teodora B replied 11 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 11 days ago.

If you suspect Jack's quality of life is compromised, you need to contact your local vet for a hands-on evaluation.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 11 days ago.

From what you're describing, I suspect we are dealing with something serious. So please give your local animal hospital a call and book Jack in for a hands-on examination. They will assess him and possible suggest a blood sample to start with.