Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

Looks like my dog has an infection on his, Not sure and no,

Customer Question

Looks like my dog has an infection on his balls
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Have you spoken to a vet about the infection yet? How long has this been going on with the dog?
Customer: Not sure and no
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jude 2
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Jude?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Looks like this
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 18 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.Poor Jude does look sore.The skin is ulcerated and does look infected.Has he been licking and chewing?Does he typically suffer from skin infections?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not that i know of he was kicking but I have stuck the cone on to prevent this happening further
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Licking not kickjng
Good, that's important to protect the skin.Possible causes for this could include e.g. an insect bite, scratch that got infected or a foreign body such as a grass seed.At home, you've done the right thing to use the code and I'd also bathe the skin skin cotton wool and saline a few times a day.He does require a vet visit for some antibiotic and anti inflammatories. Most skin infections like this should heal within a few days once treatment has been started.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Many thanks we have done this and rang the vet for an appointment tomorrow
Ok perfect.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Wishing him a speedy recovery.