Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog hasn't eaten properly for 3 days. Bruno Gower, no

Customer Question

my dog hasn't eaten properly for 3 days.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bruno Gower
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that's the main issue
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 14 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.What age and breed is he?Any other signs such as vomiting, bad breath, pale gums, panting or recent weight loss?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

A loss of appetite can have several causes including dental disease, pancreatitis, a recent toxin ingestion, an infection, liver or kidney disease etc.

3 days is a long time and Bruno may have e.g. dehydration or low blood sugar

At this stage, a vet visit is best. They will examine him and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan. Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics, fluids, an anti nausea injection and assisted feeding.

At home, offer warm and tempting food such as mashed chicken or white fish.

Hopefully he is feeling better very soon.