Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

We have a eight week old puppy she was very active until

We have a eight week old puppy she was very active until yesterday but is now lethargic and wines
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long has the puppy been lethargic? Any changes in her appetite?
Customer: shes drinking milk but not eatin a lot
JA: Could she have eaten something unusual?
Customer: not sure she plays with other dog on back garden she had her 1st jab tuesday
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: cookie
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Cookie?
Customer: no not really

Hello, this is Dr Linda, a UK based vet.

I'm sorry to hear Cookie is not well.

Any other signs such as vomiting, diarrhoea, pale gums, fast breathing or coughing?

Has she had her vaccines, first vet check and wormer?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Morning she had her 1st vaccine Tuesday no sickness or diarrhoea no cough she was wormed two weeks ago

Thank you for this additional information.

Is she still happy to eat and play and be social?

Are her gums pink and wet?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
she is not playfull she usually is, she just goes to her bed she is drinking but not eating her gums are pink and wet
Thank you for this additional information.Not eating at this age is a real concern as pups need to be eating regularly, at least every 6 hours. She is at real risk of low blood sugar.Her signs of lethargy and a reduced appetite aren't specific and could have many causes including an infection, gut obstruction, toxin ingestion, injury etc.A vet visit is best given her age. They will check her over and may run some tests such as a blood test. Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and fluids.At home, offer some warm and tempting food such as chicken and rice and ensure there are no toxins toxins the home or garden she should have access to.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks i have her booked in at 14:15 today
Ok that's great.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
THANKYOU Antibiotics and she is better thanks
Great news!