Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My puppy is peeing all the time or sometimes she want but

Customer Question

Hello. My puppy is peeing all the time or sometimes she want but don't do nothing,she never done that before. Thank you
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your puppy?
Customer: Shes constantly peeing but only little amounts at a time
JA: What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Coco
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 9 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.What age and breed is Coco?Any other signs such as a change in thirst, blood in the urine or licking her back end?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

There are a few possibilities for Coco's signs including a congenital disorder, bacterial infection, bladder stones etc.

A vet visit is needed. They will examine her and analyse her urine. They may also advise on some imaging if concerned.

Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and anti inflammatories.

At home, encourage water consumption and ensure she is able to pass urine rather than straining unproductively, which would be a true emergency.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.