Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

She has severe anxiety and is exhibiting signs of dementia,

She has severe anxiety and is exhibiting signs of dementia
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She's a dog. Lab/lurcher mix
JA: When did you first notice this anxiety? Does it happen all the time or only sometimes?
Customer: About 3 months ago. Our vet prescribed some diazapam but I feel like it just made her dopey, but still anxious. She's 14 years old
JA: Have you tried anything so far that helps the dog with her anxiety?
Customer: A thunder Shirt and the diazapam from the vets. The shirt was working really well but has started to not have such a good effect
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Delilah
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Delilah?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was wondering about cbd for her?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've paid my money. Hours ago. Give me a response or a refund

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question

I'm sorry to hear of this with Delilah. I understand how upsetting this must be for you both. Just to be clear, has she always had a tendacy towards anxiety issues or have they developed as she has got older? Also has your vet examined her to help rule out other causes of anxiety such as vision problems, arthritis pain etc?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She has always had anxiety with storms and fireworks but her episodes seem to be completely random over the last couple of months. The vet has said that she is clinically perfectly well but her vision and hearing have definitely declined

OK I see. I can call you shortly if you wish?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry I missed your call. Please do call again