retnev
retnev, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  All dog and cat Veterinary questions and problems.Interest in Surgery
61759096

Does a vet have the right to tell us they will spared our

Does a vet have the right to tell us they will spared our pregnant french bulldog if she has a s section to have her babys.
JA: We like to be extra careful with pregnancies, so I'll need to connect you with the Vet right away. Before I do, is there anything else you'd like me to share about the situation?
Customer: We don't want her to get spaded
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hope you under my message our dog will be having her puppy in a couple of week and I'm panicking

Welcome, my name is***** am a BVSc-graduate of Vet School, with 15 years experience of Medicine and Surgery. It is my privilege to attend to your question shortly.

• It is normally the owner's choice if the female will be sterilised or not. The only exception is perhaps when there is damage to the uterus and it has to be removed for medical reasons.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He said he will spared her if we get her booked there that we don't have a choice as he don't agree with owners who breed dogs

Well, that vet has the right to his opinion. It could be an option to phone around for an alternative vet to do the operation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much for your help definitely be asking you for advice again.
My husband has rang around other vets and they are disgusted he said that when he doesn't know anything would lead her to have it done and it is up to us to say if we want her done