Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

We give her hemp oil she's had it before and now she's all

We give her hemp oil she's had it before and now she's all lathargic breathing deaply and not really able to walk
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A wee yorkshire terrier dog
JA: How long has the Yorkshire Terrier been lethargic? Any changes in her appetite?
Customer: Since last night, about 6 pm, she was drinking last night but not really this morning
JA: Could she have eaten something unusual?
Customer: No I don't think so just the hemp oil I gave her on her dinner
JA: And what's the Yorkshire Terrier's name and age?
Customer: Molly and she's about 13
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Molly?
Customer: She's due a boater next week Boaster
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm sorry to hear how unwell Molly is and understand your concern.Was the hemp oil syringed into her mouth or given on food?Can she walk 10 steps unassisted?Are her gums pink and wet?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She can walk but she's a bit all over the place, her gums are pink and wet but I just managed to get her to take a big drink of water there, I've also managed to get her to eat but I had to hand feed her. The hemp oil was given to her on food last night about 5pm
As the oil was given on food, I don't think its a factor here. I suspect it is just a coincidence that this was given yesterday and that there is something more going on.Her signs are alarming and she needs to see a vet asap.Lethargy, difficulty walking and deep breathing could have several causes including heart disease, a slipped disc in her back, pancreatitis etc.The vet will examine her and may run some tests such as a blood test and imaging.Molly's treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g fluids, anti inflammatories and pain relief.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your help I will make an appointment asap
If you need the details for your nearest open clinic, please send me your postcode.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Hopefully Molly is on the mend very soon.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Bt38 7gz
Just one moment please.
Farmhill vets are close by and can be reached on(###) ###-####1455. They close at 1pm.Your local Vets 4 Pets is open until 12pm.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks so much
Not at all and please feel free to keep me updated.

Hi there, how is Molly doing now?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She's eating and drinking again walking a lot better but she's slept most of the day thanks for asking

I'm glad to hear she seems to be on the mend, bless her.

Thanks so much for keeping me in the loop.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you

Please ignore any phone call requests; the website sends these automatically.

You can continue to keep me updated via typing over the next few days.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK no problem

Thanks!