DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs exp. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice.
20798050

Lame, She had an extended run today and two hours later has

Customer Question

Lame
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does anything look different with the dog's legs/feet? When did this start?
Customer: She had an extended run today and two hours later has gone lame. I have given rheum medicine
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lorelei Gilmore Gallagher 6 years and 6 months, 17 kgs. She had crucial ligament surgery in April
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon! Nice to meet you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am ready
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Good afternoon
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Are you still there.?
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

I am indeed/ Is Lorelei putting some weight on the leg? Is she eating and drinking? Is this a front or hind leg?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She has had 16 mls of rheumocam. She is not putting weight on it and is helping when moving
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Left hind leg
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Okay, thank you. Are you able to tell me the active ingredient in Rheumacam? Is she otherwise healthy?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
she is super healthy, meloxicam and sodium benzoate
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She is a Welsh springer spaniel
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Thanks! One last question. Is this the leg that was operated on? Or the other one?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
this is the one operated on.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me a moment to type my recommendations.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Okay, I am back. I am hopeful that she has just aggravated her surgical repair, and that she has not done any permanent damage to it. You can continue to give the Meloxicam. And, in addition, I would like you to give Paracetamol at 15 mg/kg twice daily for a day or two. Please keep Lorelie very quiet. Just take her out for potty breaks and that is all. If she is still lame on the leg tomorrow, I would like her to be examined, and her leg X-rayed.

Paul

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Paul that is reassuring
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

You are so very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Expert:  DocPaul replied 6 days ago.

Good morning

It has been my pleasure to assist you. If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 5 days ago.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

If you have more questions about this or any other problem, please feel free to request me. I would love to help.

Paul