Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Old lab. Arthritic back legs. Trouble getting about. Plus

Customer Question

Old lab. Arthritic back legs. Trouble getting about. Plus just had an op to remove a breast lump and another in her side. Stitched.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the Lab had this lump?
Customer: Sorry, I hit return. I hadn’t got to the point.
JA: And what's the Lab's name and age?
Customer: done it again. I thought I was changing lines. Try again. Metacam prescribed. Very expensive. Will only give a prescription for 2 months at a time. £25 each. Metacam…..not got a price yet but it’s anything like the noroclav she’s been on for the last 12 months it will be v expensive. Can you give 6 month prescription for a fee, of course to allow me to buy on line? I’m sure you’ve been asked this before. She’s 13. Not long to go. Vet wants to see her for check up every 6 weeks. Come on….she’s a dog. A much loved dog, but even so. I want to get her the right meds at a price I’m not getting ripped off. Apart from all this, she’s a great vet!
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No…..
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately UK law prohibits the online prescribing of veterinary medicines. It would need to be your own vet who provides a prescription to purchase prescription medications online.

Have you asked for more bottle on the prescription? If they are asking to see her more often than every 6 months then I can only assume that there is a substantive reason for this, but I would recommend discussing it with your vet in person.

Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m waiting with bated breath. My machine keeps telling me it wants to open a window pop up is that you?
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Not as far as I am aware. My answer is posted above. Can you see it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Got it. Thanks. No further action necessary. The dog is old. I was hoping to find a cheaper way of getting her drugs, starting with a reasonably charged prescription such that I could buy the drugs on line for half price. But obviously not.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Sorry not to be able to help on that front, but I certainly would discuss with your vet if you feel she doesn't need to be seen so often.