Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Im registered with hull pdsa, i used stronghold up until the

hi im registered with hull pdsa, i used stronghold up until the pandemic but couldnot get it so i had to use simparica trio but she is still constantly scratching. we have found stronghold on line but we need a proof from a vet that we use this, could you please email me the proof that i have used this for meg. my name is ***** *****
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: sorry black lab femal dog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the lab?
Customer: she is used to stronghold but anything else isnt working
JA: Where does the lab seem to hurt?
Customer: she is constantly itching
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: only red were she is scratching
JA: Is the lab eating normally?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is the lab having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is the lab behaving differently?
Customer: she is constantly scratching
JA: What is the lab's name and age?
Customer: meg 5
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she could do with a checkup for her medication, as her back legs are getting stiff as we changed her from meticam for a break to paracetomol about 2.5 yrs ago

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question

Sorry to hear of this with Meg. Unfortunately UK law does not prevent the online prescribing of veterinary medicines, your own register vet would need to provide a paper prescription should you wish to source this treatment online.

Simparica is usually a very effective flea control, can I ask have you sprayed the house with a suitable household flea spray such as Indorex or Rip fleas? If not then I would recommend doing so before changing products as 90%of the flea burden is actually found in the environment.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no i haven’t sprayed my house as my puppy leo is not scratching he is on the same as meg

OK well I certainly would advise doing so, fleas do tend to favour cats over dogs in general. If the problem were still persisting then a change of product could be considered, but as one of the newer flea products, Simparica is generally very effective and treatment failure is rare.