Ask a Dog Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Jess has done this an understand your concern.
This is potentially life threatening and time is of the essence here.
What is the maximum amount she has eaten?
The toxic dose is 50mg/kg.
So if she weighs e.g. 20kg, this would mean we would worry if she has eaten 1000mg, or 2 x 500mg tablets.
If there is any chance she has eaten this or more, she needs urgent vet care to induce vomiting and supportive care.
Toxicity can lead to gut ulceration, kidney disease and even death.
It is better to prevent signs than to treat them so it is not advised to wait until signs start to show, which can take hours.
Hi there, how is Jess getting on?
I do hope all is well with Jess.
Please feel free to continue the conversation if you have more questions.