Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My two dogs could have ate 6 imodium tablets but im not sure

Hi my two dogs could have ate 6 imodium tablets but im not sure which are it
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How much does the dog weigh?
Customer: One dog weighs 22 kg and one is a pup only weighs 8kg they did ut over an hour Ago i found the tablet Packet and the tablets were gone
JA: Has the dog thrown up since eating the tablets?
Customer: No none of them have
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Its two dogs one is stitch and one is willow one is 1 year and 5 month one is 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: no i think Thats it
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Today we were in vet with Stitch the older dog as he was getting sick and got injections to stop him getting sick
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
They both seem fine but my vet is closed and not sure is there anything i can do at Home
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
There was 2mg in each tablet

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Could you tell me what breeds your dogs are?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
The are blue staffys
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
English stafordshires

OK good. There should be no major danger her in that case, this medication can be more dangerous to certain breeds such as collies for example.

They are likely to develop constipation, but this should subside over the next 24-48hrs. I would advise to feed a moist diet or soak biscuits to encourage water intake.

If severe constipation occurs which does not resolve after 2-3 days then your vet may need to treat with laxitives or perform any enema.

I hope that answers your question?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you for your help that should be ok is there a danger of death in this case at all they both seem fine now
I'm glad that they seem fine. No I don't think there is a serious risk to them here.