Ask a Dog Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Ok. Give me a minute to calculate the dosages she was on.
The stomorgyl contains metronidazole and spiramycin. If she was on 1/2 of a stomogyl 10 she was getting 62 mg metronidazole and 117 mg spiramycin. Both of these are low to mid range doses for her weight. Overdose of metronidazole can cause signs of neurotoxicity in dogs, such as tremors, muscle spasms, ataxia, and even convulsions. Overdose of spiramycin usually results in vomiting and diarrhea. If Betty is on the correct dosage but is showing symptoms of overdose toxicity it may be that she is hypersensitive to one or both drugs. I would not give more until you consult your vet. Once the drugs are metabolized the symptoms should resolve. If not, you may have something entirely different going on.
That sounds like an excellent plan.
You are very welcome. Good Luck!