Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

If my dog has to go to kennels for a rabies vaccine, why do

Customer Question

If my dog has to go to kennels for a rabies vaccine, why do they have to stay in kennels for 4 months?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 19 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question.Is your dog being imported or travelling abroad?Where are you based?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am based in York, my dog has come from Belarus and they have found that they have been brought in illegally and therefore need to go to kennels
As the dog wasn't vaccinated for Rabies, they pose a risk to other animals and humans.They have to be quarantined. This is the law.
Further details can be found on the DEFRA website and you can call to speak to an advisor who can further discuss your case.

I do hope this has helped and please let me know if there is anything else.

Stay safe,

Linda.