Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

I live in winterbourne abbas am a 73 year old widow with a

Customer Question

I live in winterbourne abbas am a 73 year old widow with a little chihuahua who needs a tooth removed, I don’t have the money to get this done is there any help I can get for this please
JA: The Expert can shed more light on dental procedures and their possible side effects. What's the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Tinkerbelle
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Tinkerbelle?
Customer: she is a quite nervous little lady but I think that’s normal for chihuahuas
Category: Dog
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

I’m sorry to hear that Tinkerbelle is unwell.

If you'd like to see if you are eligible for the PDSA I will pop the link below. 

Otherwise if you are not eligible please go back and speak the vet. They may have a instalment plan or be able to recommend a company that provide payment plans for you. Most vets will work with you to provide they best treatment they can for the budget available so it may be helpful to communicate the budget you have available for Tinkerbelle's treatment to the vet and see what they can recommend is the best course of action.

Do you have pet insurance for Tinkerbelle?  Some polices do cover dental treatment for diseased teeth.