Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

My dog just started to wobble and fall down. He’s a

Customer Question

My dog just started to wobble and fall down. He’s a labradoodle who will be 6 in October
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Do the dog's eyes move from side to side? Or do they stay focused straight ahead?
Customer: they are focusing straight ahead
JA: When did the dog last see a vet? Is he taking any medications?
Customer: last November for his yearly
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: 5 and a half name is kody
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Kody?
Customer: no he’s never had any health problems
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 days ago.
Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient. I have 50 years of experience in canine, feline, avian, rodent, and rabbit medicine and surgery.

I'm sorry to hear about this with Kody.  Is this the first event or one of many, please?

I understand that's early morning where Kody lives.  I'll watch for your next post which may be in my morning.  I'm in the Hawaii time zone.

I haven't heard back from you. Please let me know if you still need help.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 days ago.

Without more history I can only give you a general response.  Kody's wobbliness can indicate quite a few disorders including seizure, syncope ("fainting",often associated with severe cardiac disease), profound anemia, and any number of metabolic disorders causing profound weakness.

You're welcome to return to our conversation with additional questions and concerns if you wish.