Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My dog keeps vomiting straight after drinking water and

Customer Question

My dog keeps vomiting straight after drinking water and doesn't eat any food
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the dog's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: It's been few days now and he is very sleepy and weak. Has no energy
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: CASH AND HE'S 10 YEARS OLD
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about CASH?
Customer: He has a problem with his back leg and needs operation on his joint
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 18 days ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 18 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. The fact that he is not even keeping any water down and that this has been going on for several days and is now lethargic is very concerning. This suggests that he is becoming dehydrated. I am also concerned about the underlying cause of the vomiting. A gastrointestinal obstruction would be one consideration, severe gastritis or pancreatitis would be others.

He certainly needs to be seen by a vet today, a blood test and abdominal imaging may be recommended. He may need to go on a drip and have antisickness medications administered.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.