retnev
retnev, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  All dog and cat Veterinary questions and problems.Interest in Surgery
61759096

Is my at the right age to be spayed she was 1 in October and

Customer Question

Hello is my bitch at the right age to be spayed she was 1 in October and has had 2 seasons
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: I'm enquiring about spaying
JA: When did the dog last see a vet? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: No and she hasn't seen a vet since she was a puppy
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Doris
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Doris?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  retnev replied 8 days ago.

Welcome, my name is***** am a BVSc-graduate of Vet School, with 15 years experience of Medicine and Surgery. It is my privilege to attend to your question shortly.

• Thank you for the question about Doris.

• Yes it sounds as though she is at the ideal age to have her spayed. I normally like to spay them from about 6 months of age.

• Spaying does have many benefits when done at a young age. It will prevent mammary tumours when she is older.