Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My dog is a 13 year old Labrador, she has not been eating

Customer Question

My dog is a 13 year old Labrador, she has not been eating and has diarrhoea for about 4/5 days, I have been feeding her chicken and rice or scrambled eggs which she usually loves,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the Labrador also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: I have a 13 year old Labrador who has been off her food for approx 4/5 days, she has had diarrhoea for the last 2 days with slight amounts of blood. Today she has been unsteady on her back legs and has had a dry retching cough which she has had for a while. I would like to check on my eligibility and to ensure Iam still registered with your service. Please.
JA: Does the Labrador seem to be in any pain?
Customer: She just seems very lethargic and Iam worried about the blood in her stools and her inability to stand after laying for a while
JA: And what's the Labrador's name and age?
Customer: Molly hamer age 13 D.O.B 28/11/2009
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about O?
Customer: im am not sure what else is required
Category: Dog
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

I’m sorry to hear that Molly is unwell.

Are you trying to get through to the PDSA?

I will pop a link below for you.

We are Just Answer, an online advice service, not affiliated with the PDSA