Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

I already call you on Saturday evening because my dog wasn’t

Customer Question

Hi , I already call you on Saturday evening because my dog wasn’t well and thank you for your help My dog it’s been visited on the same day . Hi has heart problems and he needs heart scan and lungs that the vet said. I cannot afford the payment because I’m working part time and I’m single mother basically I need your help
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation?
Customer: the vet said he hasn’t long life if we don’t give him medication for his hart because is more bigger that normal and his lungs they are compromised
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rick is almost 12
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Rick?
Customer: He has been coughing for one month and is still coughing
Category: Dog
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

I’m sorry to hear that Rick is unwell.

I'd like to clarify if you are trying to contact a vet practice that has already seen Rick for treatment? Or would you like more information about heart disease in dogs?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The vet where I went is private I need help for find someone that help Rick but I can’t pay because is too expensive

You can use this link to see if you are eligible for treatment at the PDSA.

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/pet-help-and-advice/eligibility

There are some other charity veterinary clinics around the country. IF you let me know where you are I can see if there is one near you.

Please be aware though that charity clinics often do not stock the the full range of veterinary medicines available simply because they are a charity and funds are limited, so you may find they do not stock the medicines Rick requires.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi I’m living near Croydon my post code is SE193EH

Please bear with me I will reply in a little while

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I cannot afford the 16 pound sorry
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you anyway
I don’t know if you are eligible or near enough but you could try the Celia Hammond Trust. 

https://www.celiahammond.org/

Otherwise chat to your vet about your options. There’s what’s ideal to treat Rick with but they may be able to offer lower cost options for you. Also have a chat about getting a prescription for the medications so that you can buy the medicines online which might be more cost effective for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you I will

I hope you can find a suitable solution for Rick soon. Take care.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you your are very kind.
You take care.