Dr. John
Dr. John, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 18 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been sick twice constantly sort of swaying

Customer Question

Hi my dog has been sick twice constantly sort of swaying falling asleep drooling and won’t drink for me he’s been out once today only the shop so I literally have no clue what it could be other than something worse
JA: Hi there. The Expert will know how to help with the drooling. Does everything look normal with the dog's teeth?
Customer: I’m currently in the que on the phone but no luck yet so thought I’d try this his name is hugo
JA: How old is Hugo?
Customer: Hes nearly 8 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: His teeth look fine an no
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (G51S7V3)
Expert:  Dr. John replied 17 days ago.

Hello! Thanks for writing into JustAnswer. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian with 20 years of experience. I will do my best to answer all your questions today. I am sorry to hear that Hugo is having a problem vomiting and swaying.  I do need some additional information, though, to see if I can better assess your situation. It may take me a few minutes to respond back, so please be patient.

Has he continued to vomit since your initial post?

Expert:  Dr. John replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I just wanted to make sure you got my initial post.  Is Hugo still acting like this?

Expert:  Dr. John replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I wasn't sure if I was going to hear back from you or not, so I wanted to at least get you some general information, and you can reply back with any updates, answers to questions, or confirmation from there.  The swaying could just be due to dizziness after vomiting.  Sometimes that happens.  It could also be due to something he ingested, especially something toxic that may be causing neurologic signs.  Some dogs may have weakness or neurologic issues secondary to other internal problems, such as liver problems, kidney problems, or pancreatitis.  If Hugo is no longer doing this and is acting normal now, it may have just been a momentary issue, and you can monitor him  If he is continuing to vomit or still seems weak or off-balance, I would recommend getting him into your vet for a full evaluation to be on the safe side.  Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 16 days ago.

How is Hugo doing?  I hope I was able to answer your questions. Please respond back here if you have any other questions about this situation. If I am not online, I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is*****