Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My dog has cruciate ligament damage which seems to be

Customer Question

My dog has cruciate ligament damage which seems to be playing up for him again I cannot afford a full vet bill as I am not working. However I no that metacam will help her. Please are you able to prescribe this for me.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: It was diagnosed a year ago but I eased up her walks and it seemed to of eased for a good while but o think I started making her walks a little longer again and it has aggregated the ligament again
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Honey amd she is 8
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No that's all
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I believe either metacam or a carprophen prescription would really help to ease her discomfort. She was last prescribed a 2 week course of carprophen about a year ago this really helped
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

I’m sorry to hear that Honey is unwell.

When did Honey last see a vet and get a prescription for metacam?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
She last see a vet about 10 months ago and wad prescribed 2 weeks of carprohen which really eased her ligament having this prescribed again would be perfect and I know would really help.. I mentioned metcam as I also know this is a good anti inflammatory that would help.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cannot afford a vet appointment as I am out of work so it would be a great help if you could prescribe some medication for her

I cannot prescribe medicine over the internet to a patient I have not examined. This is not legal in the UK.

As its been 10 months since the vet last saw Honey and prescribed pain killers, your vet will not legally be able to prescribe metacam either.

Unfortunately in order for a vet to be legally allowed to prescribe metacam for Honey they will need to examine her.

If you are near a PDSA hospital you may be eligible for low cost treatment. There are some other charity clinics around the UK to offering low cost treatment.

Follow this link to the PDSA eligibly checker

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/pet-help-and-advice/eligibility