retnev
retnev, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  All dog and cat Veterinary questions and problems.Interest in Surgery
61759096

Itching ear, it is a french bulldog, No nothing just small

Itching ear, it is a french bulldog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the itchiness? Has the French Bulldog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: No nothing just small wounds in ear, she is not shaking her head, it's now about 3days, she just sometimes scratching, not non stop
JA: And what's the French Bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Cookie 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Cookie?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (QMZ4QVP)

Welcome, my name is***** am a BVSc-graduate of Vet School, with 15 years experience of Medicine and Surgery. It is my privilege to attend to your question shortly.

• Thank you for the question, and picture, about Cookie. Yes, this can be a bacterial or fungal infection. It could be the ear canal or only the ear flap involved.

• I normally like to use an ear ointment like Zymox to treat these cases. It will help for both bacterial or fungal infections. It will also help to clean the ear canal. The ointment is available online or from a vet shop.

https://www.fureverproducts.co.uk/product-page/zymox-otic-1-25oz-with-hydrocortisone-1-0