Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a question about my dog, she is 11 months now, And

Hello, I have a question about my dog, she is 11 months now
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: And sicne yesturday she has diarrhea At n8ght she vomited as well
JA: Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: Was solid
JA: Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: No Ah i don't think so but the is 2 option what i thinking could happened
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: She have the row food
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Luna 11 months
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
she not always eat iin the morning when I give to her. Niw is getting warmer so maybe when she ate later the food wasn't fresh enough but this is just my guessing. Other option day before she found some old chicken bone when we was on the field i tryied to take it from her but she was faster and eat little bit.
The first time her poop was sparse was around 4pm yesterday, since then she has been very watery and smelly already 4 times and she was vomiting once in the morning.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'll be great full foe your help
I am sorry that Luna is having this problem. It appears that she Is suffering from a digestive disturbance caused by something she may have eaten. For now, follow these instructions:

Fast Luna for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.

Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. This can be purchased over the counter at the human pharmacy.

Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes

After the fast, feed Luna rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the symptoms have  resolved, then wean her back onto regular food. If the they persist especially during the fast, take Luna to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction or infection that will require veterinary intervention.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help, I'll follow your suggestions

Excellent! Please let me know how Luna is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Of course I'll let you know, at this moment she is sleeping so i think it's good for her. I'll see tomorrow if an6thing back to normal and do what you told me to do.
At this moment that's all thank you. Anyway i try to male appointment for her if they have any space today

Excellent! Good for you! I hope she will be ok!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Me too, thank you for your help❤️

You are very welcome!!