Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

My dog ​​has been hit and has a spill in the eye, I want to

Customer Question

Hello. My dog ​​has been hit and has a spill in the eye, I want to know if it is something important
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: he has a spill in the eye nothing else
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: he is fine he has no pain
JA: What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Eddie
JA: How old is Eddie?
Customer: 1 year and a half
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No only this
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 21 days ago.
Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient. I have 50 years of experience in canine, feline, avian, rodent, and rabbit medicine and surgery.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi!!

Please clarify "spill" for me.  Can you upload a close-up photo of the eye with eyelids parted to our conversation?  You can upload photos by texting them, or by using the paperclip or add file icons above your message box...if you can see those icons on your device.  You can also use an external app such as dropbox or navigate to justanswer.com/help/using-justanswer and scroll down to "other".

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Yesterday morning my dog ​​had a small bump. I noticed that he has a blood stain on his eye. I want to know if it is normal because of the blow or what should I do?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (Z6Z72T2)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
He's fine. Just like he always doesn't have any pain or anything, just that stain.

Thank you,.

I see scleral hemorrhage but I can't assess inside the eyeball from here.  These dogs should have their entire eye examined with a handheld ophthalmoscope.  Inflammation inside the eyeball can be sight-threatening.

Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do you recommend I take him to the vet?

That would be prudent, yes.  Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay. Thank you.

You're quite welcome.  If you need clarification on anything I've posted or have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.