Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

Her right eye is very, very red. It looks awful. Iv been to

Customer Question

Her right eye is very, very red. It looks awful. Iv been to the vets and they give her Exocin and Cephorum and it's made it worse. . I'm really worried
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: A couple of weeks but the vets rnt improving it.
JA: Is she taking any medications?
Customer: Only Cephorum which they give her for her eye
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Its Millie and shes 7yr
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No. She got a wheat intolerance
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 20 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet with 10 years of clinical experience.I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern for Millie.When was the medicine issued?Did the vet stain her eye and check her tear production?
Hi there, could you see my reply above?
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 19 days ago.

Without further information it is difficult for me to provide the best advice but I will certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

When an eye issue like this is not improving with treatment, it is concerning and Millie needs to be seen for a re-check ASAP.

We would worry about a non-healing ulcer, chronic Dry Eye, glaucoma, a resistant infection etc.

At this point, we need to check for any ulcers, measure tear production and measure the pressure within the eye.

Treatment will depend on what is found and may include alternative antibiotics, anti inflammatories, pain relief and/or a procedure to help the eye heal called a grid keratotomy.

I do hope that this has been useful and please let me know if there is anything else.

Take care,

Linda.