JakeC415
JakeC415,
Experience:  Expert
112362328

My pu puppy is shaking, Bruno, My puG puppy is shaking

Customer Question

my pu puppy is shaking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Bruno
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My puG puppy is shaking
Category: Dog
Expert:  JakeC415 replied 17 days ago.
hi there, you are through to Dr Jake, im a UK based vet. Im sorry to hear of your concerns with your puppy. 

how old is bruno?

when did you first notice this?

is he bright active and able to walk and run?

is there any vomiting or diarrhoea?

is he eating and drinking normally?

has he had all his vaccinations?

if you feel all over his body does he scream or yelp at all?

thanks

Dr Jake

Expert:  JakeC415 replied 16 days ago.
hi there, as you havent replied i will provide a basic answer and complete the question though we can continue talking after if required

shaking can be a sign of a few things - if there are any other symptoms, it could be due to these.

shaking or shivering can be a sign of a fever- this can be due to inflammation somewhere in the body for example an organ or an infection- this often is seen with a dog being lethargic or not wanting to eat.

shivering can also be a sign of pain somewhere for example back pain or pain or swelling associated with a leg which has been injured due to trauma. make sure there is no signs of pain or limping from your puppy.

if this has settled now there i wouldnt worry, if it has been going on for today then i would advise making an appointment with the emergency vet today for examination, temperature check and orthopaedic exam so the back and legs can be assessed for signs of pain

thanks

Dr Jake