Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is just around when he is normally really active,

My dog is just laid around when he is normally really active
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long has the dog been lethargic? Any changes in his appetite?
Customer: just today and won't eat
JA: Could he have eaten something unusual?
Customer: dont think so
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kevin and he is 17 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Kevin?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He is limping on his front leg
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
If Kevin is not showing any digestive symptoms such as vomiting or diarrhea, then this lameness is causing him a great deal of pain and this will cause him to not want to eat and have low energy level. For now, give Kevin aspirin at 5 mg per pound of his weight every 12 hrs which will reduce the inflammation and discomfort and help him past this. It is best to have your veterinarian examine Kevin to be sure we have not missed something important but often, this pain possibly due to an injury, will help.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
that makes sense and thankyou very much for the advice

You are very welcome! Please let me know how Kevin is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️