Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

He’s off food doesn’t want attention is eight year

He’s off food doesn’t want attention is eight year chihuahua
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the Chihuahua's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: only today no energy
JA: Does the Chihuahua seem to be in any pain?
Customer: cant tell seems frighten to eat
JA: What's the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: timmy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Timmy?
Customer: he suffers from blocked annal glands we don’t think it’s that as he is not attempting to get to rear end
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
As per sent
I am so sorry that Timmy is not feeling well. Because of his age, I worry that Timmy may be having trouble with his teeth. A tooth abscess can cause so much pain that he does not want to eat and he will not feel well enough to have any energy. For now, give Timmy Pedialyte, available at the grocery store or chemist to give him the electrolytes and fluids he needs to flush this area. Also, give Timmy aspirin at 5 mg per pound of his weight every 12 hrs to help reduce the inflammation and discomfort until your veterinarian can examine. Him to determine the cause and appropriate treatment. If this is a tooth problem, this may require removal and treatment with antibiotics.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks but we had to take him to emergency vet as he was giving signs of problem with anal gland and was the problem. He was given injection for pain which will last 48 hours and thorough inspection.

I am so happy that Timmy has gotten treatment. I would not have expected an anal gland issue but it is good that then ER veterinarian was able to treat him and ease his discomfort.