DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs exp. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice.
20798050

My dog has a bite that has some pus coming out when squeezed

hello, my dog has a bite that has some pus coming out when squeezed can i give him co amoxiclav?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Patch 11 1/2 weight 32kg
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell. I am sorry that you are having trouble with Patch/

I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you. Are you able to send me a photo of the wound?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no, its a bite on the top of his head at thesideof his right ear
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
email is just fine thank you.

Of course. t would help me a lot if I could see the cut.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
its on the white side
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hello , hope you the photo

I have the photo. Thanks! That does not look too large. Would you agree?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i would agree

Great! Is there any chance that we can clip up the area? And then send me another photo?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (L5S623V)

Super. That looks quite good.

Does he have any other medical problems? Is he taking any medications?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no nothing

Thank you for that information. Please give me a few minutes to type my recommendations.

Okay, I am back. I am so happy to say that the wound is very very small and doing a great job healing on its own. I would recommend just leaving it alone. The scab will form and fall off when the underlying tissues are healed.

Paul

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok thank you for you time

You are so very welcome- Please keep me apprised. Please feel to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns. I am here to help! Paul

Good evening.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction, or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is*****

Just Answer is a full-service experience. We have Experts in legal, medical, automotive, home repair, and even homework. Please feel free to reach out to our experts with your family’s questions.