DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs exp. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice.
20798050

She’s 15 and normally has a great appetite but last 3 days

Customer Question

She’s 15 and normally has a great appetite but last 3 days she’s not eating
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the dog also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: she’s old sleeps a lot also having trouble getting up
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: yes she has yelped when getting up
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella she is 15
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Bella?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell. I am sorry that you are having trouble with Bella.

I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you. Is she spayed?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’d rather message please
Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Thank you so much. Is she breathing faster or harder? Is her tummy enlarged?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Her tummy fine and soft, she has been breathing more faster in the last 2 days
Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Thank you so much. Is she losing weight? Is she vomiting?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No none off them
Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me a few minutes to type my recommendations.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Okay, I am back. This is a challenging case. Bella's signs are vague, and it is difficult to know what the underlying problem is. It could be an emergent gastrointestinal problem, musculoskeletal disease, a pain response, or a metabolic problem like glucose or calcium abnormalities. I think that it would be best to have her examined and perhaps her blood/urine tested. It is always best to err on the side of caution. Especially when we are unable to put our finger on the problem. They may also want to take X-rays of her back. I know that it is late there. You can take her in tomorrow morning. :)

Paul

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

You are so very welcome- Please keep me apprised.

Please feel to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Good morning.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 10 days ago.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction, or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is*****

Just Answer is a full-service experience. We have Experts in legal, medical, automotive, home repair, and even homework. Please feel free to reach out to our experts with your family’s questions.