Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Zeus is a 7 year old Mini Pin, with chiari like

Zeus is a 7 year old Mini Pin, with chiari like malformation. He's been very ill with internal bleeding so we were advised to take him off steroids. He's now very weak and fragile and his own vet is off sick with Covid. We need advice on what medication, if any, we could give. He's had Gababenin for pain and omeprazol as well. He had the last steroid (prednizone) on Sunday after 7 days of a reduced dose. Thank you *****: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He's not bleeding now - he recovered from that but he is very weak and his hindlegs barely function
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry, Dorit, that Zeus is having this problem. It is a good sign that the bleeding has resolved but this weakness in his rear legs and weakness will require an anti inflammatory medication such as Gabapentin which also will reduce his pain and discomfort. I would also continue the Omeprazol to be sure the nausea is reduced. I be,I Eve the steroids were responsible for the reduction in bleeding but now your sweet Zeus will require pain medications. This condition is very painful and your veterinarian may want to add Tramadol to this regimen of drugs to he,o Zeus through this.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that makes sense.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We can only get an appointment with our vet tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything we can give him meanwhile?

Excellent, I feel so bad for your sweet Zeus but these medications will help reduce the discomfort. Give the Gabapentin and the Omeprazole until you can have your veterinarian examine Zeus. ❤️

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok, thank you

You are very welcome! Please let me know how Zeus is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️