Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has a large mass on her chst and is constantly

my dog has a large mass on her chst and is constantly vomiting all her food back up
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we took her to our local your vets and they gave her antibiotics and anti inflammatorys which have not worked
Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient. I have 50 years of experience in canine, feline, avian, rodent, and rabbit medicine and surgery.

I'm sorry to hear about this with  your dog.

Can you upload photos of representative skin to our conversation?  You can upload photos by texting them, or by using the paperclip or add file icons above your message box...if you can see those icons on your device.  You can also use an external app such as dropbox or navigate to justanswer.com/help/using-justanswer and scroll down to "other".

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (321LS42)

Thank you.  Give me a moment to take a look, please.

I see what appears to be an enlarged nipple but I don't see a large mass on her chest.  Is this what you're referring to (see image):

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no, ive tried to attach a video but it will not load

You can text a video to our conversation or upload it to YouTube or a similar app and then give me the link to it.

If you need help uploading a video, please contact customer service: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help or 1-***-***-****.

Please note that a large mass (tumor) won't respond to an antibiotic or steroid.  These need to be surgically excised if there's any hope of cure.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
we have her booked in for a procedure where a sample of the mass to be analysed and a xray

Thank you.  That's just what needs to be done.  I can be more specific for you if you can upload another photo showing the mass.

If you need clarification on anything I've posted or have additional questions or concerns after her vet attends to her, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope I was able to answer your question satisfactorily.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite expert.  You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish: Dr. Michael Salkin.