Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

Lookinh, looking after daughters Cavachon,6 years old.

Customer Question

Lookinh
JA: What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: looking after daughters Cavachon,6 years old. Hasn’t eaten for two days and is so lethargic.won’t drink any water doesn’t want to come for walk.daughter home tomorrow and I have to drop g
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the Cavachon seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No, just lethargic. Had a toilet accident in night, barking like mad and I thought it was just squirrels,but she obviously wanted to go out for toilet reasons. She won’t drink any water
JA: What's the Cavachon's name and age?
Customer: Lily 6 years
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Lily?
Customer: up till yesterday she was eating home,made chicken,and enjoying life enormously
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 14 days ago.

Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet with 10 years of clinical experience working out of West London. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear to this and understand your concern for Lily.

Are her gums pink and wet?

Does she generally suffer from separation anxiety?

Hello, could you see my reply?

How is Lily?

It looks like you may be offline. Without further information it is difficult for me to provide the best advice but I will certainly try. Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

I'm sorry Lily has been unwell and understand your concern for her.

Her signs of a reduced appetite, lethargy and diarrhoea (?) could have several causes including:

• Severe separation anxiety (if a nervous dog)
  • Pancreatitis
  • A gut obstruction
  • Dental disease or a fractured tooth
  • Gall bladder disease
  • A recent toxin ingestion
  • Etc.

At this point, there is a risk she is dehydrated and has low blood sugar.

Her treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g. anti nausea medicine, fluids and assisted feeding.

Hopefully she will be back to normal very soon.

Any further questions are welcomed.

Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 13 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question fully.  To add me as a favourite, after rating me you can go to your ‘My Questions’ page and use the heart icon labelled ‘Favourite Expert’. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert then type @Doctor.Simmon at the start of your next chat.

Any future questions will be welcomed.

- You can check back into this window at any time with an update and further questions.

- Tips are never expected but always appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You did not answer me when I needed you. Dog is fine and back with my daughter on her return from holiday.. I hope you won’t be in touch with me again as I used someone else’s credit card just to get in touch.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Useless