Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

I need some help please I have a dog and he's bleeding from

Customer Question

Hi I need some help please I have a bull dog and he's bleeding from his penis he had a operation done at pets at home colne on 23 06 2022 called urethral proplace repair hes now registered at vets for pets in Blackburn but the surgeon who needs to do a Casterrion not there till Monday
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How badly is the Bulldog bleeding?
Customer: Quite a bit really worried but vets for pets telling me not to worry unless blood black
JA: What's the Bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Rio hammerton he's 15 month
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No vets at home Blackburn said there will give me antibiotics today he had a steroid injection yesterday I really think he needs to be seen hes sleeping alot
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 8 days ago.

Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet with 10 years of clinical experience working out of West London. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear to this and understand your concern for Rio.

Can he pass full streams of urine?

Are his gums pink and wet?

Hi there, could you see my reply?

It looks like you may be offline. Without further information it is difficult for me to provide the best advice but I will certainly try. Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

I'm sorry Rio has been having this issue and know you will be very concerned for him.

It may be that the bleeding is related to the recent prolapse and surgery but we'd also consider:

• A urinary tract infection
  • A cut or inflammation from licking
  • Urinary crystals 
  • Etc.

Ideally we'd examine him and analyse his urine.

He may well need some antibiotics as well as anti inflammatories.

At home, ensure he can pass urine.

Offer plenty of water and wet food to help flush him through.

If licking, he must wear a buster collar to protect his penis.

Hopefully he is feeling better very soon.

Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 7 days ago.

Any further questions are welcomed.

I hope I was able to answer your question fully.  To add me as a favourite, after rating me you can go to your ‘My Questions’ page and use the heart icon labelled ‘Favourite Expert’. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert then type @</bCustomerat the start of your next chat.

Any future questions will be welcomed.

- You can check back into this window at any time with an update and further questions.

- Tips are never expected but always appreciated.