Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

He has just eaten sugar free candy with isomalt, Milo, 6

He has just eaten sugar free candy with isomalt
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Milo, 6 years
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thankyou
Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient. I have 50 years of experience in canine, feline, avian, rodent, and rabbit medicine and surgery.

I understand your concern.

Thankfully, that artificial sweetener isn't toxic to dogs.  Xylitol is the only toxic artificial sweetener in dogs causing hypoglycemia and liver toxicity at higher doses.

Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok great thankyou. Should I expect an upset stomach ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou that’s all I really need to know

As with ingesting anything unusual, gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea might arise. It should be transient, however, and not need treatment.

You're quite welcome.  If you need clarification on anything I've posted or have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope I was able to answer your question satisfactorily.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite expert.  You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish: Dr. Michael Salkin.