Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog, hes a staffy and he will not leave my side. he will

my dog, hes a staffy and he will not leave my side. he will only go toilet if i go out there with him. he is panting a lot and shaking. will not eator drink
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: buster and 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer today.   My name is***** and I will do my best to help.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you

I see you are worried about Buster not wanting to leave your side, and that he is panting and shaking.  When did this first start?

You are welcome!

It is also worrying that he won't eat or drink.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
this morning, hes been in and out of these episodes, has them like twice a week

Thanks for the information.  If he is panting and shaking, he may be painful.   He may be having episodes of pain, possibly in his back from an inflamed disc or pinched nerve.

Dogs tell us they are sick or in pain by not eating.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
should i take him in to the vets?

That would probably be the best thing to do.   They can examine him, find out if he is in pain, and get safe and effective prescription medication to treat him.

Until then, keep him as quiet as possible and limit his moving about.   Try to see if he will drink and stay hydrated.   Try offering broth without onion, Pedialyte, water, ice chips.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
you think its a inflamed disc or pinched nerve
an other possible outcomes

I think he is in pain.  I can't say more than that since I can't see or examine him myself.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
okay thank you

If it is a pinched nerve or inflamed disc, most dogs get better with rest, confinement, and medication.

You are welcome.  Please let me know if you have other questions.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
im all good for now, going to call m local vets now thank you again

You are welcome.

I will be logged on for another few hours for questions and updates. Please let me know how Buster is doing.

After that, you can still post additional questions and updates in this chat about this by going to My Questions on the Just Answer website and I will respond the next time I am logged on. I will also be following up with you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Hello; this is Dr. Rebecca checking in to see if you have other questions.   How is Buster doing?