agilityaddict
agilityaddict, Pet Trainer
Experience:  20 years experience training dogs in obedience and agility, current 4-H agility superintendent
6035727

He snaps and growls,..if he picks up something he’s not

Customer Question

He snaps and growls,..if he picks up something he’s not supposed to,../ especially socks,..trying to retrieve it from him,..he is only 6 months old,..I’m enquiring for my daughter,..she’s at the end of her tether,..hope you can help,.as she’s getting very upset about it,..he has also bitten her,..may I also say he is a cockapoo,..
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No,..but he is teething,..
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Freddie,..
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Freddie?
Customer: No,..not that I’m aware of,.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  DakotaSouthFive replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

What type of training is being done and what commands does the dog know?

Does the dog do this when it has its own toys, bones or food?